What in the world is concrete cutting used for? If you have concrete in or around your home or business, there’s a chance you’ll need to hire a concrete cutting service at some point. The biggest thing is how do you know when to hire a company, or what concrete cutting is used for, or even what the different kinds of concrete cutting are.
First however, let’s get the basics out of the way. Fine Cut Concrete Drilling and Sawing, LLC was first formed in March 2002 as a one truck operation. From that we have grown to a reputable named company that serves the states of Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, and Arkansas. We offer several kinds of concrete cutting services: concrete wire sawing, concrete slab sawing, concrete wall sawing, concrete hand sawing, concrete chain sawing and some grinding and polishing services. Fine Cut is also a member of the CSDA (concrete sawing and drilling association).
What is concrete cutting? It is a process that removes or modifies concrete in a controlled process. Concrete is a thicker and stronger material than most construction materials, so it needs a special process when cutting into it. This includes a variety of ways:
- Wall sawing: cutting an opening to add things such as doors, windows, or HVAC units. This is done with a diamond blade that follows a track to cut all the way through the concrete
- Hand sawing: this method uses a hand saw in tight spaces arounds floors and walls. This is the tool of choice for cutting small or even large openings into walls or floors.
- Slab sawing: like wall sawing except you cut horizontal into the floor. This method is mainly used for concrete floors, bridges, roads, or anything flat. A common use for this method is to repair broken plumbing underneath a concrete floor, for example.
- Core drilling: this method is used to drill perfectly round holes into any area of concrete. Common uses for this method are ventilation, adding in plumbing or repairing electrical work.
- Wired sawing: a wire made up of diamonds goes through a pulley system fed with water and runs at extremely high speeds to cut the concrete. This method is typically used in large scale jobs.
Knowing when to call a professional for these concrete cutting jobs is a big step, as you don’t want to cause more or new damage to your existing concrete. Plus, concrete cutting can be dangerous if not done in the proper care and conditions. Concrete cutting requires the proper knowledge of all the tools needed and the safety precautions to be taken for those using the tools and in the immediate area. There are also lots of different dust particles that float in the air during concrete cutting that could be deadly if inhaled. Whatever the situation may be its best to leave the work to the professionals.
Fine Cut services the areas of Branson, Columbia, Joplin, Jefferson City, St. Joseph, and Springfield MO. Lawrence, Topeka, Manhattan KS. Fayetteville and Bentonville AR. Muskogee, Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Stillwater, Edmond, Norman and Bartlesville OK. Contact us today to see if we service your area! With over 20 years of experience in the field and working with some of the best-known names in concrete cutting we surely can meet all your needs!