Concrete chain sawing is the most effective tool for many construction and demolition jobs. Concrete chain sawing is a technique used to cut through concrete or other hard materials using a specialized chainsaw. Unlike traditional chainsaws used for cutting wood, concrete chain saws are designed with diamond-tipped chains that are capable of cutting through tough materials like concrete, masonry, and reinforced steel.
The process of concrete chain sawing involves using a power-driven saw with a chain that has diamond-embedded segments. These diamond segments grind and cut through the material, allowing the saw to cut through the concrete or other hard materials. The graded industrial diamond particles embedded in the chain allows for deeper cuts than handheld concrete saws. A diamond chainsaw is a tool designed like a wood-cutting chainsaw with a powerhead, guide bar and chain, which is driven by a sprocket from the powerhead around the guide bar. The chain on a concrete chainsaw incorporates diamond segments that are laser welded to the chain in place of the cutting teeth typical with a wood saw. The diamond segments, like on a traditional circular diamond blade, essentially create a grinding action that wears away concrete, bricks, rocks, and other aggregates. The grinding action creates a very safe concrete chain sawing operation with no kickback.
Concrete chain sawing is used for a variety of purposes, including demolition, renovation, and construction. It is commonly used for cutting openings in walls and floors for electrical and plumbing work, as well as for creating decorative shapes and patterns in concrete surfaces. Here are some of the benefits of using concrete chain sawing:
- Accuracy: Concrete chain sawing can be used to make precise cuts in concrete. This is important when working on projects that require exact measurements or when cutting shapes and patterns into concrete surfaces.
- Speed: Concrete chain sawing is a fast and efficient method for cutting through hard materials.
- Reduced Noise and Dust: Compared to other methods of cutting concrete, such as jackhammering, concrete chain sawing produces less noise and dust. This is especially important when working in enclosed or sensitive environments where dust and noise pollution can be harmful.
- Safety: Concrete chain saws are designed to be safer than traditional chainsaws used for cutting wood. The diamond-tipped chains are less likely to kickback or bind, reducing the risk of accidents or injuries.
- Versatility: Concrete chain saws can be used to cut through a wide range of hard materials, this makes them a valuable tool for a variety of jobs.
Fine Cut Drilling & Sawing, LLC, is a reputable company that serves the entire Kansas City metro area, surrounding cities, and local communities, as well as Tulsa, OK! For more information about concrete chain sawing and other services we offer, contact us today at (816) 540-5787.