Concrete wire sawing with Fine Cut gives makes the most precise cuts on ridges, beams and piers when it comes to making openings in thick walls or removing large concrete structures. Concrete wire sawing can also be referred to as diamond wire cutting. Fine Cut’s operators are able to cut through steel and heavily reinforced concrete in areas including Kansas City, Missouri, Kansas City, Kansas, Jackson County, Missouri, and Cass County, Missouri.
Wire sawing originated in the stone quarries of Europe as a fast, safe, and cost-effective alternative to conventional demolition methods. Wire sawing is a flexible sawing technique that can be used to cut out large areas. The system can be configured to fit into confined spaces and is ideally designed for extremely thick concrete.
How Concrete Wire Sawing Works
A hydraulically powered, diamond impregnated “rope” is drawn, through concrete flooring, walls, and beams, leaving clean, smooth surfaces. The wire has a steel core of strands 6mm in diameter and can be almost any length. The 10mm diamond beads are spaced along its length approximately 30mm apart.
The wire is positioned over the pulleys and fed through pre-drilled holes in the concrete you want cut. The wire, joined by special crimps, is then pulled back over the drive pulley. Wire sawing is carried out by sawing at a constant speed while applying pressure on the wire by expanding the pulleys.
Concrete wire sawing is commonly used for underwater cutting, cuts in restricted or remote areas, cuts that require minimal vibration, anchor door openings and cutting through depths which are beyond the reach of conventional tools.
The concrete wire saws are capable of cutting through stone, cinder blocks, bricks, asphalt, concrete and structural concrete. Some of the common uses and how concrete wire sawing works includes:
- Ideal for industrial and heavy civil applications, especially in live production facilities or in areas where there is restricted access
- Produces low vibration, noise, and dust, enabling controlled demolition in busy traffic, sensitive and occupied areas, and where trades, line operations and production facilities must continue to work without interruption
- Cuts through nearly unlimited wall thicknesses
- Cuts metal and thick, heavily reinforced concrete to your exact specifications
- Offers the highest flexibility with the positioning of the machine
- Works well when you have a limited amount of space
For more information about concrete wire sawing, call Fine Cut at (816) 540-5787.